The OSB Legal Publications department has published its second set of e-books on Amazon.com, this time on the topic of Consumer Law, because consumers have rights, too.
As with the Family Law e-book series, these Consumer Law e-books can be a great resource for your clients to help them understand the legal issues you are helping them with and the complexity of the work you are doing for them. At only $9.99 each, they are an affordable adjunct to your legal representation of your clients. With this resource on their Kindle or other digital device, your clients can gain a better understanding of what you have already explained to them – this is especially helpful for clients who are not auditory learners and can’t retain all of the important information you have shared with them.
Each title is based on a chapter or chapters from our Consumer Law in Oregon treatise, edited by Dick Slottee and Nanina Takla. Available titles are:
- Student Loans, by Dick Slottee and Nanina Takla, editors;
- Home Mortgages, by Hope A. Del Carlo;
- Warranties, by John Gear and Charles D. Beshears;
- Truth in Lending Act, by David L. Koen;
- Fair Credit Billing and Debt Collection, by Bret Knewtson and Keith D. Barnes; and
- Credit Cards and Credit Repair, by Kelly Donovan Jones and Todd A. Struble.
Each e-book includes information on how to find and hire a lawyer, as well as links to information about the OSB Lawyer Referral Service, legal aid services in Oregon, and the ABA page on lawyer referral services nationwide.