Most lawyer-client disputes involve fees. A clear, written agreement between lawyer and client can help prevent misunderstandings, fee disputes, and malpractice claims. The fifth edition of Fee Agreement Compendium is an essential practice tool that covers important information Oregon lawyers need regarding ethics issues, billing costs, credit issues, retainer letters, and IOLTA. Here are just a few reasons why you need this new edition:
- There are now 42 forms, conveniently provided in a downloadable zip file, including general fee agreements, checklists, sample clauses, and specific fee agreements for nine discrete practice areas.
- Each set of forms is preceded by clearly organized notes and comments regarding usage.
- Agreements and letters are written in plain language so that a client can understand the document.
- Essential bankruptcy disclosure statements are included in the bankruptcy chapter, along with the fee agreements.
- Four engagement letters, six nonengagements, and three disengagement letters are included.
- All ethics rules and ethics opinions citations have been updated.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Ethics Issues Arising in Fee Agreements
- Billing Costs
- Truth in Lending Act and Attorney Fee Agreements
- OSB Fee Dispute Resolution Program
- Drafting Tips for Fee Agreement
- Retained or Not Retained—You May Need to Prove It
- IOLTA in Relation to Fee Agreements
- Contingent Fee Agreement
- Hourly Fee Agreement
- Limited Representation Fee Agreement
- Fixed-Fee Agreement
- Agreement between Lawyers to Divide Fees
- Domestic-Relations Fee Agreement
- Independent-Adoption Fee Agreement
- Probate Fee Agreement
- Criminal Law Fee Agreement
- Entity-Formation Fee Agreement
- Workers’ Compensation Fee Agreement
- Social Security Fee Agreement
- Third-Party Personal-Injury Fee Agreement
- Attorney Fees in Bankruptcy
A special thank you to the following editors and authors for their time and contributions to this new edition:
Dayna E. Underhill; Dawn M. Evans, David Elkanich; Amber A. Hollister; Allison Martin Rhodes; Calon N. Russell; Richard Slottee; Richard G. Spier; Sheila M. Blackford; Mark R. Wada; Daniel F. Kellington; Karen O’Kasey; Holly Pettit; Peter R. Jarvis; Mark J. Fucile; Michael A. Greene; Collin McKean; Tabitha L. Koh; Steven G. Bell; Whitney Boise; Josh Ewing; Derek D. Simmons; David W. Hittle; Hon. Peter C. McKittrick.
Order your copy today by visiting our online bookstore. You may also contact our CLE Service Center at (503) 431-6413 or 1-800-452-8260, ext. 413.
One thought on “Fee Agreement Compendium, 2018 Edition”