The concept of consumer rights and remedies has developed into a unique area of legal endeavor and inquiry, encompassing issues and concepts that are distinct from those in bankruptcy and debtor-creditor relations. A growing number of attorneys now specialize in consumer law cases, and many other attorneys are realizing that consumer law issues can become relevant in a wide variety of practices.
The Oregon State Bar published Consumer Law in Oregon as a print publication in 2013. This handbook has continued to be a reference source for many attorneys confronted with consumer law issues. This handbook does not attempt to provide an in-depth analysis of all of the applicable consumer statutes and regulations. Rather, the goal is to provide enough information so that the reader can achieve a general understanding of any particular statute and determine if further research is warranted.
This resource is now available as individual chapter eBook downloads on the OSB online store. Click on a link below to purchase one of these eBooks.
- Automobile Warranties (2013)
- Bankruptcy (2013)
- Consumer Law Overview (2013)
- Consumer Leasing Act (2013)
- Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act (Credit Card Act) (2013)
- Credit Repair Organizations Act (2013)
- Defending Medical Collection Claims (2013)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (2013)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (2013)
- Fair Credit Billing Act (2013)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (2013)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (2013)
- Family Expense Statute (2013)
- Federal Trade Commission Credit Practices Rule (2013)
- Fee Agreements and the Truth in Lending Act (2013)
- Garnishment (2013) (includes MS Word forms)
- Home and Off-Premises Sales (2013)
- Home Mortgages (2013)
- Oregon Unlawful Debt Collection Practices Act (2013)
- Preservation of Consumer Claims and Defenses (2013)
- Retail Installment Contracts (2013)
- Student Loans (2013)
- Truth in Lending Act (2013)
- Truth in Lending Act Rescission Rights (2013)
- Truth in Savings Act (2013)
- Unlawful Trade Practices (2013)
- Warranties (2013)
All eBooks are delivered immediately after purchase into the My Content page of your OSB account. If you are not an OSB member and don’t yet have an account, you can create a nonmember account on the OSB login page.